Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Finding the ship


I started looking for a boat that was big enough to sail around the sound with a few friends and had the space to overnight. I wanted to pay cash and did not have a lot of that floating under the bed, so my search was mostly on eBay and Craig's list. I found "Angel"on eBay in Bellingham WA. Janelle and I drove the three hours north to look at the boat. She was in dry dock for the winter and I had a great opportunity to get a good look at her. What I got was a 1975 Newport 30. She is very basic with a V birth up front, enclosed head, dinette, couch, and "Coffin birth" to the aft. She is powered by an Atomic 4 engine that is the original. She had a new coat of bottom paint and had been out of the water for the winter. The previous owner had moved to Portland and intended to keep her there for a San Juan cruiser. After living in Portland for a year and not getting north as much as he wanted and loosing his slip in Bellingham to a marina improvement project, she was on the market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home